How you fill out your broadcast window is so important, it can set the tone of your room and make it easier for your fans to know what to expect.
Once you hit 'Broadcast' on the CAM4 homepage you will see:
Your 'Start Broadcast' Menu
1. Broadcast Type
This is the standard broadcast type for CAM4.
If you have experience with external encoding software, you can use this tab to connect your external stream to CAM4.
2. Video / Audio Settings
If you do not see the camera or 3rd party software (manycam/splitcam/camtwist) you want, you need to check your settings and start your broadcast again.
- Logitech webcam choose> Logitech microphone
- Manycam virtual webcam choose> Manycam virtual microphone
- Integrated webcam (built in cam) choose> Built in microphone
3. Show Settings
- Write a fun or sexy greeting for your fans.
- Invite views to join your fan club.
- Advertise your social media.
- Provide details about your show.
- Promote your amazon wish list.
- Advertise videos/merchandise you have for sale.
- Highlight contests/raffles/themes you have going in your room.
- Invite your fans to read your profile.
Try using hashtags (ex: #anal #cum #solo) to get discovered quicker!
- Solo (By yourself on cam)
- Male/Female (Group)
- Male/Male (Group)
- Female/Female (Group)
This will put you in the correct category on the CAM4 homepage, and make you eligible for the 'Cam of the Day' contest for that category.
Your room mode controls who is able to enter your room.
4. Broadcast Preview
You can see a preview of your broadcast here. Use it to make sure everything looks right before you go live!
This shows you your current frames per second. Higher FPS means a smoother stream.
CAM4 will keep track of the quality of your stream to let you know of potential problems before you go live. If your stream quality is low, try switching your Resolution to Auto.
5. Start Broadcast
Your Broadcast Window
Group shows are like a Private show, only instead of tokens per minute, viewers buy a ticket to join. Viewers can tip during a Group Show.
The Group Show menu will allow you to set:
- A detailed show description to get your viewers interested.
- The price of the tickets to your show.
- How many tickets you need to sell before you will do the show.
- The length of time your performance will be.
- A timer for how long your group show tickets will be available.
If you don't make your ticket sale goal you still have the option to do the show anyway. If you decide NOT to do the show, the tokens will be given back to your viewers.
A Private Show is when you earn tokens per minute by accepting a Private Show request from a viewer. The default token rate is set to 24 tokens per min, and 6 tokens per min to spy. Spy viewers are only able to watch, they can not chat or hear you. Viewers can tip during a Private Show as well.
Your Private Show menu will allow you to set:
- Private/Spy show tokens per minute
- Allow/deny spy viewers during your private shows
- Allow Cam2Cam during private shows (This feature allows you to see and hear your viewer during the private show)
- Allow/deny private show requests
You are able to change these settings at any time.
You are always able to accept tips, but you can't reach a goal until you set one. Enter the token amount you would like to make, and a tip widget will appear on the right hand side that lets you keep track of how many tips you have earned.
10 Tokens = 1 US Dollar
1000 Tokens = 100 US Dollars
This is what your tipping widget will look like
Enter the length of time in minutes that you will be performing, this will easily let your viewers know how long you will be online for.
Your Text bar is where you describe your show, or tip amount for requests. A well filled out text box instantly tells viewers entering your room what to expect and can prevent endless questions about your show.
That’s all for this lesson!
You can always email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Love, Nikki & Boyhous